Connect with Me on Facebook!

Posts from AdamBlumerBooks.com

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Release Date Bumped to March 2009

Yes, it's true. I received word yesterday that the release of my novel, originally planned for this fall, has been moved to March 2009. Basically, the extent of revisions I'm tackling now make it impossible for the manuscript to be ready in time for a fall release. Too much needs to happen between now and then, and I'm still working on rewrites.

At first, I was discouraged by this news, but then a couple Facebook friends encouraged me that a GREAT novel is worth the wait. Ah, good friends and just what I needed to hear!

Revisions are going well but continuing to eat up my Saturdays. Miranda, the Kregel editor I'm working with, has been super, and we bounce several e-mails off each other every day, sorting through possibilities and discovering the best path. In the long run, I have confidence that the finished novel will be stronger than anything I originally envisioned it could be. So in that respect, the journey is worth the final prize. May the Lord be glorified!

2 comments:

  1. Believe me, Adam, you don't want a half-baked novel coming out of the publishing oven. I was surely wondering (when I read about the extent of your revisions) how in the world they would be finished in time to sent this book to the printer by summer! Especially when it had no title or cover yet, either.

    Yes, I think you should breathe a huge sigh of relief that you can now relax, slow down, and make these revisions the very best yet!

    God's timing is perfect. There is a reason He doesn't want it coming out in the fall. You will look back a year from now and be SO GLAD it went the way it did.

    (I can say this from the "other side of the tunnel," believe me).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right! A good book is worth waiting for! :) I understand your eagerness, though! :) It's a nice feeling to be DONE! I'm working on getting accepted to the Institute of Children's Literature...just at the beginning stages and hoping for the best! :)

    ReplyDelete