Connect with Me on Facebook!

Posts from AdamBlumerBooks.com

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Book Review: The Rook by Steven James

The Rook (Patrick Bowers)I'd love to write a novel this good. The plot and plot twists were outstanding as always; I was glued most of the way through. I'm always amazed by the forensics and FBI investigation details and wonder how James gets all this information. If you don't want to wade through the muck of bad content in so many secular thrillers nowadays, James is a good substitute. As a Christian novel, though, I was a little disappointed by some of the mild language and the absence of anything meaningful in the spiritual arena. The novel also seemed a tad too long. Though I enjoyed it, it didn't pull me through with quite the same intensity that The Pawn did (though I found The Pawn too violent in some places). All in all, though, this is a great thriller that had me glued at the ending. I'm looking forward to reading The Knight.

Amazon.com: The Rook (Patrick Bowers) (9780451412812): Steven James: Books

No comments:

Post a Comment