Connect with Me on Facebook!

Posts from AdamBlumerBooks.com

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I'm Going to Be a Novelist


August 16, 2007

Dear family and friends,

I want to preface this announcement by giving glory to God for all He has done. If He hadn't given me the ability and the drive to write, I would never be writing this letter today. I just worked hard and refused to give up. Yes, this has to do with my writing, and I've been sitting on needles and keeping a secret all summer until I had the green light. Because of a meeting today, now I can tell the world.

Kregel Publications in Grand Rapids, Michigan, has agreed to buy and publish my Christian suspense novel.

This news is the fulfillment of a dream I've had since I was a child, and I'm feeling a little numb at the moment. I'm not exactly sure when the novel will be available; most publishers take a year before the book is on the shelves. I'll let you know when I find out. I'm sure I won't make much money off the first novel (few first-time novelists do after the publisher covers his expenses), but this is exciting news for us, and it opens a new door of opportunity. Once you've published a novel and seen even moderate success, future projects are taken much more seriously.

I've been told that I need to start promoting myself all over the place, not in a prideful way but in a way that will get myself noticed as a new author and ensure good sales. I wrestle with aspects of this self-promotion. I would appreciate your prayers as I determine how to balance good business sense with what God has called me to do. Obviously, I want to keep writing novels, and good sales will help me continue to do that.

Again, I want to give all praise to the Lord. Whatever ability I have is not of myself but only of Him. Thanks!

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment