Connect with Me on Facebook!

Posts from AdamBlumerBooks.com

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Why Do You Need an Editor?

Amplify’d from www.publetariat.com
Home

Why Do You Need an Editor?

Nabokov said, "My pencils outlast my erasers."  


Writing well means trial and error and learning to master the craft. And that’s an on-going journey. I keep learning new things every year. You’re never “there.” You’re never perfect. And sometimes I think the more I learn, the less I know. 


I once read of a famous writer of the past who would simply scribble out his manuscripts on whatever paper surface he might have at hand, give the pile to his editor at the publishing house, and that person made everything come together for lasting, classic fiction works. 

Read more at www.publetariat.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment